2004 POET OF THE YEAR
DEBBIE W. PARVIN
Debbie Parvin (ASPS president) has been a member of ASPS for a decade, and she's held just about every office except treasurer, which is good since she swears that after she counts to ten on her fingers, she has to take off her shoes to continue.
Here are ten things that you probably never knew about Debbie:
1) Her two "children" are cats, Wheatfield and Cee-Cee.
2) She served the deaf community for 16 years as an educator and interpreter.
3) She's a vegetarian.
4) She's eaten at least one of every kind of sweet that is made by Panera Bread Company (no kidding).
5) She hugged Gloria Steinem on Steinem's 69th birthday.
6) She has more Halloween than Christmas decorations (pretty scary).
7) Coffee flows in her veins.
8) She's a moon and star watcher.
9) She doesn't watch TV so don't ask "Did you see the program about? . . ."
(The answer will be "no").
10) Along with The Lorax, she speaks for the trees.
She'd give you a number eleven, but she'd be taking off those shoes!
We're going to miss Debbie when she moves to Virginia!